New Years Resolutions

12:09

I'm now blogging over on littleowlblogs.wordpress.com
I fancied a fresh start on a new blogging site. Go check me out and let me know what you think!
Thank you lovelies,
Little Owl Loves
x



I'm split when it comes to this topic. Part of me thinks, if you wanna change do it any damn day of the year. But I have to admit a new year, fresh start etc etc does spur me on! I sat on NYE feeling ill and rather sorry for myself but instead of wasting the evening I decided to set to writing some resolutions. I thought it'd be nice to share with you what I'm planning for 2017 and create a post I can look back on!

So here's a few changes / improvements I'm hoping to make in my life -


No.1 Stop biting my nails ugh!

Anyone who knows me and has paid any attention will know that nail biting is a particularly bad habit of mine! But I'm kicking that habits butt, I've got them lovely and polished and have no desire to bite them!

Look! Nope they're not fake, they're real!

No.2 GET A CAT!

Of course that had to be written in capitals! For importance! Maybe I should have put it at the top of my list. I've grown up with lovely cat friends so it only seems right now I'm living in my own place that I get a cat. We're keeping our eyes peeled for potential cat babies on shelter and rescue centre sites but none suitable have come up yet. I'm so excited about the idea of having my own cat!

Meet Annie, she was my favourite cat friend of all!



No.3 Read more!

This is something that's probably been on my resolution list for years! And I'm terrible at reading, always loose the motivation because I'm a slow reader. BUT I'm injecting little pockets of time into my day every day (well I'm trying to) for reading. So far I'm about 1/3 of the way through Room so I'm not doing too badly at all in my opinion!

My latest book purchases!

No.4 Have more cinema and spontaneous dates!

Me and my love in the Cavern Club

I love spontaneity full stop. I love being somewhere and exploring with no plan and just discovering. But I guess it's harder to do that in every day life. So I'm keeping it simple, spontaneous coffee dates, cinema trips and bites out after work. Whether it's with Ed, family or friends, I want to plan things spontaneously more often!


No.5 Blog more and build my YouTube channel!

Well here I am, blogging away! I think I'm much better at YouTube, I'm not sure why. Maybe because I just spontaneously make videos much more than I do blogging. It doesn't take as much time (initially) but then the editing and uploading can be a bit of a pain. But I just love how creative I can be. I love making videos from hauls to vlogs to lookbooks to favourites, the possibilities are endless!

If you'd like to check out my channel, here I am - Little Owl Loves YouTube Channel

I'd love to get more involved with brands and companies, so if your reading this now and want to collab drop me an email on - iamlittleowlloves@gmail.com

My two latest YouTube videos are linked below!





And if you want to get to know me a little better, here's Pt.1 of my '50 Facts About Me' tag!


No.6 Find time to draw!

Or be creative in any form. I'm currently studying an MA, working part time and trying to get my YouTube up and running so I consider myself pretty busy! BUT, drawing is what I love to do, I also love making collage (and believe me that's much quicker to do!) so I'm hoping to keep up my art practice amongst everything else going on in my crazy schedule.

This is a piece I did waaay back when I was at college. But it's still one of my favourites!



No.7 Decorate, buy artwork, make small changes, utilise space, buy storage

Okay so this ones pretty broad, but basically since moving into our own place you realise how much time and effort goes into making your place 'YOUR OWN'. Oh and money too! But with little bits of cash here and there you can make huge changes. For example, the lounge looks fab now we've replaced the shiny patterned wallpaper with a lick of dark blue paint.

As you can probably tell, this was at Halloween! Although it'd suit me to have the skull garland up all year round!

Some of my aims for the house this year
  • Buy Local Artwork / Support Artists
  • Create Art Wall in Spare Bedroom
  • Make more artwork myself for the house
  • Frame Vinyl Covers
  • Create Innovative and Useful Storage Spaces
  • Tear down some of the gross wallpaper in the house - then we have to do something about it!
  • Start with a lick of white paint
  • Buy things suited to 'us'
  • Fill the house with love... and a CAT!



So there we have it, an overview of my aims, hopes and dreams for the year.
I really hope you enjoyed reading, I love reading these kind of posts.


Little Owl Loves
x


 Where to find me -

🌹Instagram: http://bit.ly/2f8rm63
🌹Twitter: http://bit.ly/2gmA0R3
🌹Email: iamlittleowlloves@gmail.com

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi lovely, i just nominated you for the blogger recognition award over on my blog! Check out the post here : http://www.mariaj.co.uk/2017/02/the-blogger-recognition-award.html x

    ReplyDelete